Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Stilettos? Not a Problem!

So today I finally became that girl. Everyone who knows I bike to work on occasion has pictured and wondered about me riding a bicycle in with a helmet and the first question I get is - "Ha! Do you ride in those heels??" I chuckle and say of course not, I change when I get to work. Well not today. Today I walked to work from an undisclosed location in uptown, knowing my bike was locked away outside Gateway and available for me to ride back to Lela on. Well I thought I had planned it all out until I started to unlock my bike and realized that all I had were my brown stilettos! Crap! How embarrassing! And of course it was 70 degrees today, so as I biked home, I passed everyone at the trolley stop on Trade Street, several people running/walking/playing frisbee as I whizzed through Freedom Park, a police officer sitting in his car near the bridge at Freedom Park, others sitting on their porches and people watching in Wesley Heights, and like 4 people walking dogs as I entered my neighborhood. So now when I get that incredulous smirk from people who find out I ride a bicycle to work, I get to smile and say - "Why yes, I have ridden to work in these shoes."

No comments: